Facade Improvement Matching Incentive Program
The City of Cleburne Façade Improvement Matching Incentive Program provides a 50% match in the form of a reimbursement up to a maximum of five thousand dollars ($5,000) for eligible improvements to facades in the City of Cleburne.
Participants are eligible for up to one (1) incentive per twelve (12) month period from completion of previous project under this program, if applicable. Applicants who meet the five thousand dollar ($5,000) match threshold are eligible for waiver of building permit fees. Only building permit fees which are part of the incentive application will be waived. Building permit fees for improvements not related to the incentive application and/or is not visible from the street, parking area, or public park are not eligible for fee waiver.
- Must be an existing building located in the Cleburne Commercial Historic District or the Main and Henderson Street corridors
- Eligible façade improvements shall not begin before the application is considered by City Council.
- Improvements must comply with all applicable state and local code requirements.
- Improvements must be on the exterior and visible to the public (street, parking area, or public park).
- Buildings with multiple tenants are eligible for one (1) program incentive per twelve (12) month period from completion of previous program project.
Included but Not Limited to:
- Façade facelift: Painting, trim work, cladding
- Front porch additions and enhancements
- New or enhanced attached signage and/or awnings
- Detached signage
- Exterior lighting
- New storefronts
- Window replacement and window framing
- Hardscape improvements such as sidewalk pavers, concrete off-street parking, fencing visible to the public, and lamp posts.
Included but Not Limited to:
- Interior improvements
- Any facades not visible to the public (street, parking area, or park)
- Roof repair
- New buildings or new building additions other than exterior additions such as porches and entry features
- Plantings or landscaping
- Outdoor furnishings unless permanently affixed to the building
- Completed incentive program application signed by the applicant and the owner of the property (if different from the applicant).
- Cost Proposals: Two (2) written cost proposals from bona fide tradespeople, contractors, or suppliers. One (1) cost proposal must be from a contractor or supplier whose business is located within the Cleburne city limits (where applicable).
- Contractor Qualification: One (1) completed “Statement of Contractor’s Qualifications” form for each cost proposal. Contractors must be registered with the City of Cleburne.
- Exterior photo(s) of the building.
- Written description of proposal.
- Drawings or renderings of proposal.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee approval.
- All eligibility requirements must be met to be considered for the incentive program.
- Only complete applications will be considered by the Cleburne City Council for approval. Incomplete applications which are missing required application materials will not be considered and shall expire after six (6) months. The six (6) month time period will begin on the date of the most recent staff correspondence with the applicant. A new completed application shall be submitted in order to resume activity on a grant application.
- Applications will be reviewed and considered by the Cleburne City Council on a first-come, first–served basis until all available program funds have been allocated.
- Appropriate permits must be obtained prior to beginning construction.
- Construction of improvements must commence within ninety (90) days of application approval and must be completed within one (1) year of application approval. The applicant may request a one (1) time thirty (30) day extension for construction commencement and a one (1) time (6) month extension to complete the project from the City Manager.
- Any changes or modifications to the approved application shall be approved by City Council.
- Payment of the matching incentive funds shall be in the form of a reimbursement of fifty percent (50%) of the total cost of the improvements to a maximum of five thousand dollars ($5,000).
- Payment will be made after all work is satisfactorily completed according to the terms of the approved program application and all costs are documented with receipts and/or invoices. Payment will not be made for any work completed before the application is considered by City Council.
- A completed W-9 Form (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) provided by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will be required by the property owner prior to any payment.
- Improvements completed under the City of Cleburne Façade Improvement Matching Incentive Program shall become permanent fixtures of the building and shall not be removed or altered for a period of five (5) years without the express consent of the City of Cleburne.
- The City Council may consider in total the project improvements to the Cleburne Commercial Historic District or Main/Henderson Street corridors and or waive any particular eligibility requirements described above