- Living Here
- Animal Services
- Johnson County Residents
Johnson County Residents
Cleburne Animal Services is a municipal agency that serves the citizens of the city of Cleburne. We do not provide service for the Johnson County area outside the city limits of Cleburne.
At this time, there is not an active animal control authority/animal shelter that picks up or houses stray animals in Johnson County. However, the Johnson County Sheriff's Department does respond to other animal related complaints/issues.
Contact information for reporting animal related issues and/or voicing your concerns about the need for animal services and an animal shelter in your county is listed below.
Johnson County Sheriff
- Office of Adam King - 1102 E Kilpatrick, Ste. A, Cleburne, TX 76033
- Phone: 817-556-6060
- Email: [email protected]
Johnson County Commissioners (website)
- Precinct 1 - Honorable Rick Bailey - 817-202-4101
- Precinct 2 - Honorable Kenny Howell - 817-297-1926, [email protected]
- Precinct 3 - Honorable Mike White - 817-790-5333
- Precinct 4 - Honorable Larry Woolley - 817-558-9400, [email protected]
Johnson County Judge
- Honorable Judge Harmon - 817-556-6360, [email protected]
Stray animals that are found in Johnson County may be transported to an open intake facility such as the Humane Society of North Texas, located at 1840 E Lancaster Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76103, 817-332-4768, or the Humane Society of Central Texas, 2032 Circle Rd, Waco, TX 76706, 254-754-1454. It is always advisable to contact these locations prior to bringing the animal as their intake policies do change from time to time depending on animal population in their facilities.
A list of local animal control facilities and shelters can be found here.