Frequently Asked Questions - Alarms

How can I register my alarm system?

Visit the City of Cleburne Police Department website at and print your application.
Mail it with a check for your fees or bring it to:  
Cleburne Police Department
Records Office
P.O. Box 667
Cleburne, TX. 76033

What do I need to do if I already have a permit?

Contact your alarm company and provide them with your permit number.

I have a permit but I don’t know the number. What do I need to do?

You can obtain your permit number by:

  • Calling the Police Department Records Office at (817) 645-0988,
  • Visiting the Cleburne Police Department Records Office at 302 W. Henderson St., from 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
  • Once you have your permit number, be sure to contact your alarm company and provide them with your permit number, expiration date, and your correct address.

What locations are required to have a permit?

Any location with a working burglar alarm system that is intended to summon the police, including, but not limited to: houses, townhomes, condos, apartments, businesses, stores, churches, warehouses, storage buildings, offices.

When must I obtain the permit?

The permit is required at the time the system becomes operational.

Am I required to get a permit if my alarm is not monitored by an alarm company?


What if I have an alarm but do not have a permit?

Police will respond to alarm notifications and if there is no valid alarm permit for that location, a citation may be issued.

Is one alarm permit sufficient for an office building with several suites?

No. A separate permit is required for each alarm site (business) and each alarm unit.

I live in an apartment. Am I covered by the apartment complex’s alarm permit?

No. Each apartment resident with an alarm is responsible for obtaining their own permit. The apartment management is responsible for all non-residential areas of the apartment complex, such as offices, storage facilities, clubhouses, weight rooms, etc.

Are alarm permits transferable?

No. Permits are not transferable to another address or another person/business. Fees are non-refundable.

What is considered a false alarm?

Per city ordinance: “An alarm notification to the City of Cleburne when the responding officer finds no evidence of an attempted or actual unauthorized intrusion, burglary, robbery or hostage taking and the officer has responded to the site within thirty (30) minutes of the City of Cleburne receiving the alarm notification.”