Brush Truck Service
Brush Item Pick up
Once a month, the Cleburne Sanitation Department will have trucks that will come by your house and pick up limbs and other large brush. It is not necessary to notify the Sanitation Department that you have items out. This service is free of charge once a month for households. Brush items put out at anytime other than their designated time will result in the items be picked up and owners being automatically charged.
How Much and What Can Be Set Out
- Brush item pick up is limited to 10 cubic yards (about eight feet long, six feet wide, and six feet tall.
- Brush such as tree trimmings, shrubs, and cuttings must be no more than a maximum of 10 feet in length.
- Brush items are large items from trees, shrubs, or cutting.
- Bagged leaves will be picked up, however be sure there are only leaves in the bags.
- Lawn trimmings and small cuttings are not brush.
- Lawn trimmings, bagged leaves and small cuttings not composted, can also be taken to the transfer station shredding station. This is free of charge.
When to Set Out Brush Items
- Brush items may only be set out between the times of 5:00 p.m. Friday the week before and 7:00 a.m. Monday the week of the owner’s scheduled brush waste collection.
- Due to the size of brush items, it takes the City the entire week to pick up all of the brush for the area that is designated for that week.
- Your brush week each month will correspond the day of the week your trash is picked up. See the GIS viewer at the bottom of the page to see your address and designated week.
- Brush and Bulk pickup are combined into the same designated week.
|If your Trash Day Is...||Then your bulk week will begin...|
|Monday||The 1st Monday of each month|
|Tuesday||The 2nd Monday of each month|
|Wednesday||The 3rd Monday of each month|
|Thursday||The 4th Monday of each month|
Where to Set Out Brush
- Please place within 3 feet of the street and 6 feet from any obstacle.
- Avoid setting any items under low hanging trees or obstacles that will prevent the crane from lifting the item(s).
Separate Bulk and Brush Item Piles
- It is very important to separate bulk trash from bulk brush! Bulk items not properly separated will not be picked up until the resident separates the piles!
- Brush is processed for mulch, while bulk trash is taken to the trash facility.
- Please leave a few feet in between bulk brush and bulk trash piles for the crane.
Setting Brush Items Out During Out of Cycle Times
- Brush items set on the curb outside of designated times will be automatically picked up.
- The resident will be charged on their bill for $30.00 for each additional brush pickup.
- Do not set out any brush outside of the allotted time frame of your area if you do not want to pay this fee.
Brush must be separate from all other trash as it is mulched or shredded. Man Made items are sent to the landfill. Please note that failure to follow this can result in none of your items being picked up until they are properly separated.
Not allowed in Brush Piles
- No trash is allowed in brush piles.
- No lawn clippings.
- No brush longer than 10' feet in length.
- Limbs cut by professional tree cutters. Brush pick up is for Cleburne residents and non-profit organizations. Professional tree trimmers must remove all limbs, leaves, etc from the residence or business.