The Book-a-Librarian service is an opportunity for Cleburne Public Library card holders to receive individual, focused assistance from a professional librarian in a scheduled appointment.
This service is open to Cleburne Public Library card holders, with a library card in good standing
Examples of topics Librarians can help with:
- Basics of using a computer (Windows)
- Introduction to e-mail, social media, and/or Microsoft programs
- Using Libby or cloudLibrary to acquire e-books and e-audiobooks on your device
- Basics of using a mobile device or tablet
- Using library services or library technology
- Online job search, resume help
Examples of topics Librarians are NOT able to help with:
- Librarians are here to guide you to resources and provide some instruction, but we cannot do the research or complete the project for you
- Advise or direct you regarding medical, legal, or financial decisions. We can refer you to reputable sources of information
- Provide technical support for personal electronic devices (i.e. hardware/software installation or setup, data recovery, virus/malware removal, security settings, etc). We can provide troubleshooting for library resources
- Provide specialized training in software
- Type or proofread documents
- Tutor or provide academic instruction
Making an Appointment
Each appointment can last up to 30 minutes. Additional appointments can be requested with a maximum of two appointments per calendar month.
Book-a-Librarian appointment requests must be made at least 4 business days in advance of the preferred appointment date. A librarian will contact you to schedule and confirm the appointment. Appointments are subject to librarian availability, especially as it relates to scheduling and matching you with the librarian who best fits your needs.