Completed Park Projects
The Cleburne Parks and Recreation crew is constantly working to improve the City's parks, trails and public facilities. Take a look below at the recent projects that were completed within the past year.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
- Landscape renovations, irrigation repairs, and new plantings were completed in February 2023 by Parks and Rec Staff.
- The athletic field at Carver Park is currently undergoing renovations, work is being completed by Parks and Rec staff with assistance from the City Streets Department.
- Completed, in August 2023 the Carver Park Pavilion has stone pillars added around the existing steel beams, powered washed, and painted to match the natural landscape of the park
- A new landscape plan for the park has been developed by staff. Dozens of stumps have been removed. A full irrigation audit of the park has been completed and plantings or trees have been removed that were needed. Implementation of the new irrigation and landscape plan will occur in a phased manner over the autumn of 2023.
- The deck on the rear of the clubhouse was replaced during the winter of 2022-23.
- A new golf cart fleet arrived and was placed in service in June 2023.
- The rate structure for the facility was simplified and streamlined, resulting in revenue growth during FY23.
- Course conditions have improved as means, methods, and new mowing patterns were implemented.
Cleburne Conference Center
- LED Lighting was replaced in 18 light fixtures in the lobby, and 35 fixtures were replaced in the Conference Center in July
- C02 Conversion and the Replacement of UV Systems were completed in March 2023. Conversion of the pH control system from muriatic acid to carbon dioxide to better manage pH levels in the pools at Splash Station.
- Cool Decking was completed November 2022 - Leisure pool deck cool-decking was installed to lower the temperature of the deck surface in the hot summer months. Completion of the competition pool deck will occur in 2024
- New Air Handler and backup Generator were installed in October 2022. These units provided better and more consistent air exchange and heating inside the air-supported dome over the competition pool in our winter season.
- New Dome Doors were installed in October 2022. Two new doors at the main entrance to the Dome were installed when the dome was inflated in October 2022, replacing the original equipment from 2004, ensuring ADA access and a high-quality airtight seal. The rear maintenance access door to the dome will be replaced in 2024.
Booker T. Washington Recreation Center
- The gym floor replacement was completed in March 2023- After reopening, the city received complaints that the floor had dead spots and the ball would not bounce. Staff met on-site to look at flooring on October 14, 2022, with Ponder and agreed to replace the flooring.
- Athletic field renovations were completed on Fields 3, 4, 5 & 6.
- Field 3 renovation was 100% completed by the staff of the Sports Complex.
- Fields 4, 5 & 6 were completed with a combination of Sports Complex staff and a contractor.
Old Sports Complex
- All of the diamond field infields have been renovated during the summer of 2023 by a combination of Sports Complex staff with assistance from the City’s Streets Department.
La Moderna Field (The Depot)
- New more drought-tolerant landscaping was installed in the beds on Brazille Drive to replace dead roses, grasses, etc. Irrigation repairs and new installation to these beds were also completed.
- Approximately 7-10 additional trees will be placed in the bed along Cleburne Station Drive in the Autumn of 2023. All work completed by PARD staff.