Engineering Department

The Engineering Department plans and oversees the city's streets, water and sewer, landfill, and storm drainage projects. It is also responsible for construction inspection and administration of capital improvements. Plats and engineering plans are reviewed, as well as building permits, for all new construction.

Engineering operates and maintains a computer mapping system for all streets, water, and sewer lines, subdivisions, and lots and blocks. Engineering also enforces the Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance and provides floodplain information to the public.