Planning & Zoning
House Bill 3167
The Texas legislature recently passed legislation related to the processing of plats and plans associated with plats. House Bill (H.B.) 3167 mandates several new guidelines for the approval and/or denial of plats, as well as the timeframe for such actions. These new laws became effective September 1, 2019.
The major changes you should be aware of are as follows:
- Revised Plat Application – Review the application prior to submittal and ensure all required materials and information is included. Incomplete Applications Will Not Be Accepted. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Completeness Check at Front Counter – A completeness check will be conducted at the front counter prior to accepting a plat application. If an application is missing any of the required documentation, it will not be accepted.
- Updated Submittal Schedule – The submittal schedule for plat applications has been updated to meet the 30-day action requirement.
- Plat Approval Process Flowchart – Staff has developed a flow chart to assist applicants with understanding how the new process works.
- Civil Construction Plans Must be Approved Prior to Submittal of a Plat Application – All plats must include one (1) set of approved engineering construction plans and drainage plans OR a letter from the City Engineer stating that civil plans are not required. Please coordinate with the City’s Engineering Department prior to submittal of a plat application.
- Plat Approval Letter From JCSUD – If the property to be platted will be served by JCSUD for water or sewer, a letter stating their approval of the plat must be submitted with the application.
- DRC Completeness Determination – The Development Review Committee will review each plat application within ten (10) days to make a completeness determination. If the plat is missing any of the required documentation or required information as required by the City’s Subdivision Ordinance, the plat will be deemed incomplete and returned to the applicant. The applicant will then have 45 days to resubmit a complete application. If a response is not submitted within this timeframe, the application will expire and a new application and fees will be required to resubmit.
- Revisions Submitted Digitally - Following receipt of staff comments, resubmittals may be submitted digitally to email@example.com. This will help expedite subsequent reviews. Detailed information for resubmittals will be included in the DRC Comment letter.
It is the goal of the Community Development Department to provide excellent customer service. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 817-645-0947.
Development Process & Schedules:
Completeness Check at Front Counter
Plat Approval Process Flowchart
2019 Plat Development Schedule
2019 Zoning and SUP Development Schedule
Plat Application Revised 09.01.19
Specific Use Permit Application