- Our Community
- Doing Business
- Planning and Zoning
Planning and Zoning
The Planning and Zoning Department processes development applications including subdivision plats, rezoning requests, specific use permits and variance requests. The Planning and Zoning Department staff serves as liaison to the Planning and Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Adjustment.
Apply for a Planning Application
We have launched our new online application portal for Planning Applications. You can now digitally submit a rezoning request, specific use permit, plat, variance case and more using this online portal. Once you create an account, your username and password will be saved in the system. Keep your username and password handy as we are unable to make any changes to your log in information for you.
Ready to apply for your planning application? Apply with our new online application portal here. Please contact us at 817-556-8811 or 817-645-0947 if you have any questions or need assistance with the online portal.
Tips and Tricks
- This system does not work well with Internet Explorer. If you are having difficulty, please try a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox. We also have computers available at City Hall available for use.
- If you create a new account with different information, you will not have access to see any planning applications you applied for under a different username.
- Online payments and fee processing are conducted exclusively through the online portal.
Five-Year Development Summary (2017-2022)
This presentation summarizes development activity within the City of Cleburne during the previous five-year period. View the Development Update Presentation.
Active Development Map
The Active Development Map is now live! For the first time, visitors to the Community Development webpage can see where development is actively happening across the City, and view plans and images of what’s being constructed. Access the Active Development Map here,
The map will continually update as projects are approved and begin construction, so be sure to check back often.
Community Development worked with IT/GIS over a period of months to create this great resource. If you have any questions or want to know more about a particular development, please call the Planning and Zoning Division at 817-556-8811.
Zoning Ordinance, Zoning Map and Future Land Use Map
City Council approved the updated Zoning Ordinance, Zoning Map and Future Land Use Map at the April 12, 2022 council meeting.
The Zoning Ordinance helps shape the future development across the city. The last time the City’s Zoning Ordinance and map were updated was 1996 and much has changed since then. Cleburne has experienced significant growth and has evolved into the city it is today. The revised Zoning Ordinance will reflect both current and projected market and neighborhood conditions, as well as incorporate best practices for development regulation. Learn more about the Zoning Ordinance update project.
Development Process and Schedules
- View the Development Application Fee Schedule
- View the 2023 Zoning and SUP Development Schedule
- View the 2023 Plat Development Schedule
- View the 2023 Zoning Board of Adjustment Development Schedule
- Plat Approval Process Flowchart
- Zoning/SUP Approval Process Flowchart
- Variance/Special Exception Approval Process Flowchart
- Site & Landscape Plan Approval Process Flowchart
Update to Zoning Ordinance Effective 02.28.23 - OR02-2023-09
USPS Regulations for New Development
Planning and Zoning Commission Meetings
Planning and Zoning (P&Z) meetings are held on the second and fourth Mondays of each month at 6:30 p.m. The meetings are held at the Cleburne City Hall Council Chambers, located at 10 North Robinson Street.
Agendas are available at least 72 hours prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. View All Agendas and Minutes.
Citizen Comments and Meeting Participation
A member of the public who wishes to participate in the meeting may do so via the following options:
- In person: Complete a speaker/comment registration card and turn in to City Staff before the meeting begins or before speaking to the Commission.
- Submit questions/comments online: Complete a speaker/comment registration card found on the city’s website (https://www.cleburne.net/agendacenter) or by clicking here. Speaker cards received by 5:30 p.m. the same day will be distributed to the Commission for consideration.
- Address the Commission by phone: Call (346) 248-7799 or (888) 788-0099 at the start of the meeting. Enter Meeting ID: 983 5079 8710 and then press #.