Planning and Zoning

The Planning and Zoning Department processes development applications including subdivision plats, rezoning requests, specific use permits and variance requests. 

The Planning and Zoning Department staff serves as liaison to the Planning and Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Adjustment.

Important Notice

Effective Jan. 1, 2024, platting authority for properties in Cleburne's extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ) will be transferred to Johnson County. Any plats submitted to the City for property located in the ETJ prior to Jan. 1, 2024, and not approved by Jan. 1, 2024, shall continue under the jurisdiction of the City for plat review and approval.

Apply for a Planning Application

We have launched our new online application portal for Planning Applications. You can now digitally submit a rezoning request, specific use permit, plat, variance case and more using this online portal. Once you create an account, your username and password will be saved in the system. Keep your username and password handy as we are unable to make any changes to your log in information for you. 

Ready to apply for your planning application? Apply with our new online application portal here. Please contact us at 817-556-8811 or 817-645-0947 if you have any questions or need assistance with the online portal.


Tips and Tricks

  • This system does not work well with Internet Explorer. If you are having difficulty, please try a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox. We also have computers available at City Hall available for use. 
  • If you create a new account with different information, you will not have access to see any planning applications you applied for under a different username.
  • Online payments and fee processing are conducted exclusively through the online portal.

Petition for Release from Cleburne's ETJ

The Petition for Release is applicable for property in Cleburne's extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ). View the Interactive Map to view if property is in Cleburne's ETJ (gray shaded area around City Limits). 

Submit the completed petition to the City Secretary's Office at [email protected]

Zoning Map