Cleburne City Council Members are elected by their representing Single-Member Districts ("SMD") and the Mayor is elected at-large. The City also coordinates with the Cleburne Independent School District and conducts the elections jointly. See Cleburne ISD website for Board of Trustee election information.
Upcoming City Elections
- May 4, 2024 - Special Election to elect Councilmember to SMD 3 (Filing period: Nov. 15, 2023 - Mar. 4, 2024)
- May 4, 2024 - General Election to elect Mayor & Councilmembers to SMD 1 and SMD 4 (Filing period: Jan. 17 - Feb. 16, 2024)
- May 3, 2025 - Elect council members to SMD 2 and SMD 3 (Filing period: Jan. 15 - Feb. 14, 2025)
*Other elections may be called as needed in accordance with the Texas Election Code.
City of Cleburne General and Special Elections:
MAY 4, 2024
Election Notifications and Postings
- Special Election Order
- Deadline to File Application for Place on the Ballot
- Drawing for Place on Ballot
- Texas Voter ID - English | Spanish
- Voter Complaint Information
- Notice of Voting Order Priority
- Prohibition of Certain Devices at Voting Stations
- Prohibition of Handguns in the Polling Place
Interested in serving your community as an election worker? Election officers are a crucial part of the process ensuring elections are conducted with accuracy and integrity. Appointed positions are for each election and the rate of pay ranges from $15 to $18 per hour depending on the position. View application for qualifications and submit today for the May 4, 2024 election.
For more information about the May 4, 2024 General or Special Elections, please contact the City Secretary’s Office at 817-645-0908 or [email protected].