Civil and Private Development
The City of Cleburne’s Engineering Services Department is responsible for the review and release of all development projects (residential, commercial and industrial) after they have received approval from the Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council.
Engineering Services is also responsible for ensuring that the development of roadways, grading, drainage, water and sewer are to the standards set by the City of Cleburne.
This is a general guideline outlining the Engineering Services Department Development Process. A Project Checklist is available on the Civil Plan Review Application For Development to assist you. Keep in mind that additional information may be required depending on the specific development project.
Impact Fee Study
The City of Cleburne requires impact fees for water, wastewater and roadways. These fees must be paid before connecting to the CIty's water/wastewater lines and before a building permit will be issued. The Land Use Assumptions and Capital Improvements Plan Report for Water, Wastewater, and Roadway Impact Fee Study is available for citizens to view.
Citizens can view the Impact Fee Study online with the link below: Impact Fee Study
Physical copies can be at the following locations:
- Cleburne Public Library
302 W. Henderson St., Cleburne, TX 76033
- Cleburne City Hall - City Secretary Office
10 N. Robinson St., Cleburne, TX 76031
Plan Review and Construction Inspector Fees
Per Ordinance OR0S-2023-59 (passed by City Council on Aug. 22, 2023) regarding the establishment of fees based for Engineering Design Review and Construction Inspections, the following fees have been established and are to be effective Oct. 1, 2023:
Engineering Design Review Fee
- $200 per page. Detail pages shall be counted together as one page.
- The fee is due with the first submittal and will be paid no later than the second plan submittal.
- Plans that require more than three review submittals may be subject to additional fees.
- Substantial plan changes that add multiple pages could result in additional fees.
- The fee applies to any project with a first review submittal date on or after Oct. 1, 2023.
Construction Inspection Services Fee
(This fee will replace the 3% inspection fee currently charged.)
- $150 per day of continuous construction time. It is not intended to indicate whether or not an inspector was on-site each day.
- The fee will be payable prior to the Pre-Construction Meeting.
- The fee is based on the number of days estimated by the contractor for completion of public improvements. If the number of days estimated and paid for is exceeded by more than 10%, the fee for the additional days will be due prior to final acceptance of the project.
- The fee applies to any project with a Pre-Construction meeting date on or after Oct. 1, 2023.
If you need assistance with any of the information on this page, please contact the Engineering Services Department at -817-556-8869.