- Living Here
- Animal Services
- Barking Dog Complaint Process
Barking Dog Complaint Process
Barking dogs impact the quality of life in our neighborhoods and are a common problem for any municipality. The City of Cleburne has implemented the following procedures to assist residents in resolving this common issue.
First Complaint (no prior violations)
- Cleburne Animal Services recommends neighbors attempt to resolve the problem through open communication.
- Residents may request Animal Services forward a Notice of Complaint Letter and a barking dog resolution brochure to the owner of the animal.
Second or Subsequent Complaint
- Residents may file a Noise Complaint Affidavit with Cleburne Animal Services.
- After review of the affidavit and supporting documentation, Cleburne Animal Services may recommend the issuance of a citation.
- If the case is heard before the municipal court, a judge may require mediation services.
- For more information, please print the following noise complaint affidavit informational letter and affidavit:
Animal Noise Complaint Procedures | Animal Noise Complaint Affidavit Form
s Your Pet Making All the Noise?
We're in the process of creating an informational brochure which provides training tips to assist you in resolving this problem. Keeping animals under control is a key element in maintaining a livable neighborhood. Please help both your neighbors and the city by being a responsible pet owner.
Cleburne City Ordinance regarding nuisance noise violations
91.003 NUISANCE ANIMALS.
(A) It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly harbor or keep any animal which makes loud or continuous noise without provocation and thereby disturbs the peace or the calm and repose of any person of ordinary sensibilities, after having been given notice of the violation. Proof shall be in the form of testimony from no fewer than two neighbors from different households or one neighbor and an Animal Services Officer or police officer. A violation of this section is a Class C misdemeanor.