R.A.D. Women's Self-Defense
The Cleburne Police Department offers RAD classes to women of all ages. RAD (Rape Aggression Defense) is a nationally recognized system of self-defense that begins with awareness and avoidance, and moves through to hands-on defense techniques. It is the only self-defense program of its kind endorsed by the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA), National Academy of Defense Education, the National Self-Defense Institute (NSDI) and Redman Training Gear.
What is R.A.D.?
The Rape Aggression Defense System for Women is a program of realistic, self-defense tactics and techniques. RAD Systems provides comprehensive courses that begin with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training.
Our instructors are certified by RAD and are officers or volunteers with our department.
R.A.D. Class Schedule 2020
Class 1 - Cancelled at this time
Class 2 - Henderson Street Baptist Church, 919 E Henderson St, Cleburne
- Summer classes - dates and times to be determined
Class 3 - Senior Citizens Center, 1212 Glenwood Dr, Cleburne
- September 29, October 1, Tuesday & Thursday, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- October 5 & 7, Monday & Wednesday, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Classes are broken into four sessions, held on two nights a week over two consecutive weeks. Be sure to pay close attention to the dates. Due to scheduling, some sessions may be scheduled on different days of the week.
- ALL classes are females only
- ALL MINORS have to have a female guardian present at all times to take the class
- IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, you will not be allowed to participate in the hands on simulation but you are still welcome to attend the class
- Participants must attend all four nights (10 hours total) to complete training
- Reservations are required
- Registrants should receive a phone call within a few days confirming registration
This basic self-defense program is offered to the community free of charge; however, class space is limited and demand is high, so please plan to attend all four sessions. To receive a certificate of completion, you must attend all sessions.
In the rare event that a class has less than 5 people register, that class will be cancelled. Priority will be given in the next available class.
Organizations can schedule private classes by request.