- Living Here
- Garbage and Recycling
- Recycling Solutions
Recycling is the process of collecting and processing materials that would otherwise be thrown away as trash and turning them into new products.
The City of Cleburne provides recycling for residents at the Transfer Station free of charge. The State of Texas, and private companies also offer alternatives for recycling certain products.
- Currently, recyclable products must be taken to the Transfer Station and deposited into the appropriate containers.
- Products accepted include cardboard, glass, plastic (#1 & #2 Plastics Only), and metal recyclables.
- Cooking oil and used motor oil (5 gallons PER day) are also accepted at the Transfer Station for recycling.
- Paper is not accepted for recycling at the Transfer Station.
- Recycling is free of charge for all residents.
- No trash can be put into the recycling containers; please make sure your products are recyclable.
Alternative Recycling Solutions
- The City of Cleburne has a current Franchise Agreement with Recyclops, a third party vendor that provides curbside recycling on a subscription basis. For more information visit recyclops.com/cleburne.
- Other products can be recycled via these programs:
- Texas Recycles Computers Program (Computers);
- Texas Recycles TVs Program (TV's);
- Electronics, Appliances and Fitness Equipment Recycling at Best Buy (Electronics, cables and wires for tech, Computers, Certain Appliances and Fitness Equipment);
- Staples Recycling (Electronics, Ink Toner, Rechargeable Batteries);
- Office Depot Recycling Solutions (Alkaline batteries, Ink Toner, CFL and Fluorescent Lights, Tech);
- Time to Recycle (North Central Texas Council of Governments Resource of multiple recycling locations and can be sorted by desired recycled material);
- Most auto fluids can be brought to local car shops.
*The City of Cleburne is not affiliated with any of the above private businesses, however we recognize that free recycling solutions are important for residents to be aware of.