Airport Master Plan
The purpose of the Airport Master Plan is to provide a thorough discovery process that will identify both the short-term and long-term needs of the airport as they relate to development, maintenance and administration. The plan helps evaluate existing airport conditions, assess the impacts of future aviation demand and provide the City of Cleburne with information and direction in the continued operation of and planning for the Cleburne Regional Airport
The current Airport Master Plan was completed in 2010. Both the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) suggest updating the Master Plan every 7-10 years. The City’s eligibility to receive State and Federal Capital Improvement grants is contingent upon maintaining and updating an Airport Master Plan. A Master Plan aids in projecting pavement maintenance, future airport growth, the needs of the tenants and aviation community, and many other critical components related to the operation and development of an airport.
Master Plan Update
In October 2020, City Council approved an agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation – Aviation Division to participate in a State Capital Improvement Grant to Cleburne Regional Airport in the amount of $225,000 to update the current Master Plan. By accepting this grant, the City provided a 10% match of the grant funds, in the amount of $22,500. The required funding was included in the Fiscal Year 21 budget. TXDOT Aviation Division advertised for the consultant selection, and Coffman Associates was chosen.
On October 12, 2021, City Council created an Airport Master Plan Advisory Committee to:
- Assist and advise city staff and planning firm on the development of the draft Airport Master Plan update.
- Review and comment on the draft documents brought forward by the planning consultant.
- Provide recommendations for the removal and/or revision of proposed content, and recommendations for inclusion of new content as necessary.
- Work within the framework of the approved scope of services for the project.
- Complete the review of all materials in a timely manner and provide feedback in accordance with the approved project schedule.
The Advisory Committee consists of one city council member, two members of the Airport Advisory Board, and staff appointed by the City Manager. They are as follows:
- Mike Mann, Chairman (council member)
- Keith Moreland (A member)
- Susie Sarchet ( member)
- Garrett Watson, Interim Airport Manager of the Cleburne Regional Airport (staff appointed by City Manager)
- Grady Easdon, Economic Development Manager (staff appointed by City Manager)
- Jeremy Hutt, Public Works Director (staff appointed by City Manager)
- Chris Fuller, Deputy City Manager (staff appointed by City Manager)
Public Information Workshops
Three public information workshops will be held throughout the study. The primary purpose of these workshops is to allow the public to obtain information regarding the Master Plan, ask questions, and provide input. Each committee member is invited to attend these meetings and to encourage members of their organization to attend.
The meetings are scheduled for the following days:
- Nov. 4, 2021 - kick-off meeting
- March 10, 2022 - phase 1 meeting
- June 29, 2022 - phase 2 meeting
- November 7, 2022 - phase 3 meeting
The Airport Master Plan Advisory Committee reviewed and unanimously recommended the proposed Airport Master Plan to the Airport Advisory Board on Monday, Nov. 7. The Airport Advisory Board met on Monday, Dec. 12 and also approved the plan and made a recommendation to City Council for approval. City Council approved the Airport Master Plan on Dec. 13.
The next steps will be for the consultants, Coffman Associates, to guide the document through the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) and Federal Aviation Administration Airport Layout Plan (FAA ALP) process for review and approval.
Questions and Comments
|Comments or questions regarding the Master Plan Update should be directed to Project Manager Scott Nugent with Coffman Associates at 816-524-3500 or to Cleburne Interim Airport Manager Garrett Watson at 817-641-5456.|