Current Park Projects
As the City of Cleburne works on updating and renovating our parks system, this web page will be the place to stay updated on our current park projects that pertain to our 2021 Master Plan.
Our master plan lays out multiple projects to renovate existing parks and recreational spaces in Cleburne.
Details on current park projects are below with estimated completion dates. A list of our recently completed projects is available here.
1411 Hyde Park Blvd.
Total Acres - 0.51
- Starting Jan. 29 - Park Construction will begin for the installations of Winchester Park. Construction is expected to last through February.
- Sept. 26, 2023 - City Council approved an agreement with Cunningham Recreation for the installation of the playground equipment and hardscape. Construction is expected to start in late February 2024. Check out the design below.
- A neighborhood meeting was held on July 18, and it was decided that the Winchester neighborhood would like to see a small playground and swings installed
- Park staff has been working with different park playground manufacturers and design teams to come up with an overall design for the park.
Winchester Park Design
301 W. Westhill Dr., Cleburne, TX 76033
Hulen Park located along West Buffalo Creek is one of the most frequented parks in Cleburne. Its amenities include Splash Station waterpark, two pavilions, a playground, a walking path, and much more. This park is home to Steam Engine 3417, which ran on the Santa Fe Railroad system during the 1900’s. The park also hosts the annual Whistle Stop Christmas lighting displays each December. In 2021, Hulen Park was recognized and designated a Lone Star Legacy Park by the Texas Parks & Recreation Society. A Lone Star Legacy Park is a park that holds special prominence in the local community and the State of Texas. A designation as a Lone Star Legacy is one of the highest honors that can be bestowed on a park.
Hulen Park Site Improvements
In May of 2023, the City Council approved a design agreement with MESA Design Group for the development and improvements at Hulen Park, utilizing the 4B bond program. Future improvements include the development of a skate park, linking the two sides of the park separated by Buffalo Creek via a pedestrian bridge and the expansion of the park’s trail system around Don Moore Field, and renovation or replacement of the restroom near Don Moore Field. The design phase is estimated to be completed by May 2024.
- November 16 - Skatepark meeting was held at the high school for school-age kids to be able to give input on what elements they like in a skatepark.
- December 14 - Skatepark public meeting was held at the Conference center for design input for a skatepark
- November and December- online surveys where open to the public to provide input on skatepark design elements.
1900-2500 Lakeshore Dr.
Kirtley Park is located at Lake Pat Cleburne, it is a total of 26.89 acres. We are in the early stages of renovations and designs. Check back here for details as this will be a multi-phased project.
Kirtley Project Updates
- Currently, this project is at 30% design completion. Kimley- Horn continues to work on concept plans and construction budgets.
- Oct. 3, 2023 - Kirtley Park Neighborhood Meeting was held at Cleburne Conference Center- City Parks and Recreation Staff and Kimley-Horn presented the concept design to the homeowners. The design included: trails, boardwalks, a swim beach, sand volleyball courts, picnic tables, restrooms, parking, and a boat launch.
- Took Professional Service Agreement to 4B and Parks Board.
- June 23, 2023 - Council approved Agreement with Kimley-Horn
- The renovations to Kirtley Parks will be one of the biggest projects undertaken utilizing the 2022 Sales Tax 4B bonds. The project calls for adding loop trails boardwalks, volleyball, swim beach, restrooms and park amenities, shade structures, parking, boat ramp, and wayfinding.
- Kimley-Horn has completed the site survey topos and is working on several options for the park layout
Bradshaw Park (Recently Completed)
600 N. Brazos Avenue, Cleburne, TX 76031
Bradshaw Park is approximately 1/4 acre with beautiful shade trees, a basketball court, and picnic tables.
Bradshaw Park Improvements
- Resurface the existing basketball court
- Six-foot cedar privacy fence along the neighbors
- Three-side, eight-foot-tall cyclone fence around the basketball court
- ADA walking path to the basketball court and picnic tables
- Sports Benches
- Bike Rack
- On-Site Parking
Park Project Update November 2023
- Concrete for the sidewalks, table pads, and the parking lot is complete
- Picnic tables, sports court benches, and a bike rack are installed
- The existing basketball court has been sealed and a sports court topping has been applied
- Park crews to installed signage, trash cans, pet waste centers, landscape planting, and drought-conservative irrigation
- Crews striped parking lot
If you have any questions or concerns about the project, contact Kenny Overstreet, Project Manager, at 817-357-4462.
Westhill Park (Recently Completed)
1228 Hilltop Drive, Cleburne, TX 76033
Westhill Park is a neighborhood park of approximately 2.2 acres. It includes large shade trees along the edges of the park. Streets surround it on three sides and a residential side yard on the fourth side, forming an attractive neighborhood " square" with houses facing the park. The large grassy open area contains two backstops. The playground has some new playground equipment and a swing set.
Westhill Park Site Improvements
- Install two new baseball backstops with curbing
- Six-foot wide walking trail around the perimeter of the park and leading to the playground equipment
- Two ramps leading to the street on the North and South sides of the park
- Pavilion with concrete pad, picnic tables, and benches
- 2-5-year-old playground with play structure
- Bike Rack
Westhill Park Update as of November 2023
- All cement work for the walking trail is complete and two ADA street ramps for pedestrians to access the park
- Two new backstops installed
- Covered pavilion completed
- 2 to 5-year-old playground installed
- Playground areas are open for play as we move on to the next steps
- Park crews installed signage, trash cans, pet waste centers, landscape planting, park benches, fencing around playgrounds, and drought-conservative irrigation.
If you have any questions or concerns about this project, contact Kenny Overstreet, Project Manager, at 817-357-4462.