Current Park Projects
As the City of Cleburne works on updating and renovating our parks system, this web page will be the place to stay updated on our current park projects that pertain to our 2021 Master Plan.
Our master plan lays out multiple projects to renovate existing parks and recreational spaces in Cleburne.
Details on current park projects are below with estimated completion dates. Make sure to follow along with our progress on our social media pages. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
600 N. Brazos Avenue, Cleburne, TX 76031
Bradshaw Park is approximately 1/4 acre with beautiful shade trees, a basketball court, and picnic tables.
Bradshaw Park Improvements will include:
- Resurface the existing basketball court
- Six-foot cedar privacy fence along the neighbors
- Three-side, eight-foot-tall cyclone fence around the basketball court
- ADA walking path to the basketball court and picnic tables
- Sports Benches
- Bike Rack
- On-Site Parking
Park Project Update August 2023
- Concrete for the sidewalks, table pads, and the parking lot is complete
- Picnic tables, sports court benches, and a bike rack are installed
- The existing basketball court has been sealed and a sports court topping has been applied
- Park crews to install signage, trash cans, pet waste centers, landscape planting, and drought-conservative irrigation before October 31.
- Stripe parking lot
If you have any questions or concerns about the project, contact Kenny Overstreet, Project Manager, at 817-357-4462.
1228 Hilltop Drive, Cleburne, TX 76033
Westhill Park is a neighborhood park of approximately 2.2 acres. It includes large shade trees along the edges of the park. Streets surround it on three sides and a residential side yard on the fourth side, forming an attractive neighborhood " square" with houses facing the park. The large grassy open area contains two backstops. The playground has some new playground equipment and a swing set.
Westhill Park Site Improvements:
- Install two new baseball backstops with curbing
- Six-foot wide walking trail around the perimeter of the park and leading to the playground equipment
- Two ramps leading to the street on the North and South sides of the park
- Pavilion with concrete pad, picnic tables, and benches
- 2-5-year-old playground with play structure
- Bike Rack
Westhill Park Update as of August 2023
- All cement work for the walking trail is complete and two ADA street ramps for pedestrians to access the park
- Two new backstops installed
- Covered pavilion completed
- 2 to 5-year-old playground installed
- Playground areas are open for play as we move on to the next steps
- Park crews to install signage, trash cans, pet waste centers, landscape planting, park benches, fencing around playgrounds, and drought-conservative irrigation before October 31
If you have any questions or concerns about this project, contact Kenny Overstreet, Project Manager, at 817-357-4462.
301 W. Westhill Dr., Cleburne, TX 76033
Hulen Park located along West Buffalo Creek is one of the most frequented parks in Cleburne. Its amenities include Splash Station waterpark, two pavilions, a playground, a walking path, and much more. This park is home to Steam Engine 3417, which ran on the Santa Fe Railroad system during the 1900’s. The park also hosts the annual Whistle Stop Christmas lighting displays each December. In 2021, Hulen Park was recognized and designated a Lone Star Legacy Park by the Texas Parks & Recreation Society. A Lone Star Legacy Park is a park that holds special prominence in the local community and the State of Texas. A designation as a Lone Star Legacy is one of the highest honors that can be bestowed on a park.
Hulen Park Site Improvements:
In May of 2023, the City Council approved a design agreement with MESA Design Group for the development and improvements at Hulen Park, utilizing the 4B bond program. Future improvements include the development of a skate park, linking the two sides of the park separated by Buffalo Creek via a pedestrian bridge and the expansion of the park’s trail system around Don Moore Field, and renovation or replacement of the restroom near Don Moore Field. The design phase is estimated to be completed by May 2024.
1900-2500 Lakeshore Dr.
Kirtley Park is located at Lake Pat Cleburne, it is a total of 26.89 acres. We are in the early stages of renovations and designs. Make sure to check back here for details as this will be a multi-phased project.
- Took Professional Service Agreement to 4B and Parks Board, On June 23, 2023, Council approved Agreement with Kimley-Horn
- The renovations to Kirtley Parks will be one of the biggest projects undertaken utilizing the 2022 Sales Tax 4B bonds. The project calls for adding loop trails boardwalks, volleyball, swim beach, restrooms and park amenities, shade structures, parking, boat ramp, and wayfinding.
- Kimley-Horn has completed the site survey topos and is working on several options for the park layout
1411 Hyde Park Blvd.
Total Acres- 0.51
- A neighborhood meeting was held on July 18th, and it was decided that the Winchester neighborhood would like to see a small playground and swings installed
- Park staff has been working with different park playground manufacturers and design teams to come up with an overall design for the park
2023 Completed Projects
Check out the tabs below for what your Parks and Recreation Crew has completed this year
- Landscape renovations, irrigation repairs, and new plantings were completed in February 2023 by Parks and Rec Staff.
- The athletic field at Carver Park is currently undergoing renovations, work is being completed by Parks and Rec staff with assistance from the City Streets Department.
- Completed, in August 2023 the Carver Park Pavilion has stone pillars added around the existing steel beams, powered washed, and painted to match the natural landscape of the park
- A new landscape plan for the park has been developed by staff. Dozens of stumps have been removed. A full irrigation audit of the park has been completed and plantings or trees have been removed that were needed. Implementation of the new irrigation and landscape plan will occur in a phased manner over the autumn of 2023.
- The deck on the rear of the clubhouse was replaced during the winter of 2022-23.
- A new golf cart fleet arrived and was placed in service in June 2023.
- The rate structure for the facility was simplified and streamlined, resulting in revenue growth during FY23.
- Course conditions have improved as means, methods, and new mowing patterns were implemented.
Cleburne Conference Center
- LED Lighting was replaced in 18 light fixtures in the lobby, and 35 fixtures were replaced in the Conference Center in July
- C02 Conversion and the Replacement of UV Systems were completed in March 2023. Conversion of the pH control system from muriatic acid to carbon dioxide to better manage pH levels in the pools at Splash Station.
- Cool Decking was completed November 2022 - Leisure pool deck cool-decking was installed to lower the temperature of the deck surface in the hot summer months. Completion of the competition pool deck will occur in 2024
- New Air Handler and backup Generator were installed in October 2022. These units provided better and more consistent air exchange and heating inside the air-supported dome over the competition pool in our winter season.
- New Dome Doors were installed in October 2022. Two new doors at the main entrance to the Dome were installed when the dome was inflated in October 2022, replacing the original equipment from 2004, ensuring ADA access and a high-quality airtight seal. The rear maintenance access door to the dome will be replaced in 2024.
Booker T. Washington Recreation Center
- The gym floor replacement was completed in March 2023- After reopening, the city received complaints that the floor had dead spots and the ball would not bounce. Staff met on-site to look at flooring on October 14, 2022, with Ponder and agreed to replace the flooring.
- Athletic field renovations were completed on Fields 3, 4, 5 & 6.
- Field 3 renovation was 100% completed by the staff of the Sports Complex.
- Fields 4, 5 & 6 were completed with a combination of Sports Complex staff and a contractor.
Old Sports Complex
- All of the diamond field infields have been renovated during the summer of 2023 by a combination of Sports Complex staff with assistance from the City’s Streets Department.
La Moderna Field (The Depot)
- New more drought-tolerant landscaping was installed in the beds on Brazille Drive to replace dead roses, grasses, etc. Irrigation repairs and new installation to these beds were also completed.
- Approximately 7-10 additional trees will be placed in the bed along Cleburne Station Drive in the Autumn of 2023. All work completed by PARD staff.