Work For Us
General InformationThe City of Cleburne has adopted Chapter 143 of the Local Government Code to apply to the organization and operation of the fire department.
Firefighter Employment Requirements
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Age 18 to 35 years at the time of written exam.
- Meet all legal requirements necessary to become eligible for future certification by the Commission on Fire Protection Personnel Standards and Education and as an Emergency Medical Technician by the Texas Department of Health.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Applicants convicted of or admitted to conduct which constitutes a felony (or misdemeanors where applicable) under State, Federal, or military law will not be considered for employment. Applicants will not be considered for employment while charges are pending for any criminal offense.
- High school graduate or G.E.D.
- Must pass a written Civil Service exam & physical ability test.
- Preference may be given to applicants certified as firefighters by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection. Non-certified applicants may be bypassed in favor of certified applicants.
How to Apply
The fire department test annually (usually in the fall) for entry level firefighter positions. Please contact Human Resources for testing date. You may apply for jobs online or at City Hall at10 N. Robinson St.