Standley Park is located at 911 1/2 W. Westhill Dr. It encompasses .25 acres of land.
James Earl (J.E.) Standley significantly influenced the course of banking in Cleburne. He served more than 50 years in the industry, beginning in 1923 when he was vice president and manager of City National Bank of Cleburne.
Standley held many positions, including president when the bank's name changed to First National Bank in 1956, and he later served as chairman of the board. He was also a member of the Cleburne school board for 25 years and served as president of the Chamber of Commerce.
After his death, the family deeded the land at 913 Westhill Drive (formally Buffalo Avenue) in 1982 to the City of Cleburne for use as a city park.
This quarter-acre park provides an open greenspace fronting Westhill Drive in the Westhill Terrace West addition of Cleburne. McAnear Creek begins in northwest Cleburne and then flows next to J.E. Standley Park, joining the main branch of Buffalo Creek south of Cleburne. The creek provides an environment for natural habitat.