- Living Here
- Code Compliance
Code Compliance Division
Code Enforcement Officers and Deputy Marshals enforce ordinances and laws established to maintain the health, safety, environment and/or general well-being of our community.
Common Code Violations
Below are some of common code violations. Contacts for addressing other neighborhood concerns are given on our resources page.
- High grass and weeds (8 inches or taller)
- Junked vehicles (unregistered/inoperable)
- Abandoned vehicles on roadway (unregistered/inoperable)
- Accumulation of rubbish and garbage
- Bulk trash violation
- Dilapidated / dangerous structures (Handled by Fire Marshal)
- Illegal dumping
- Outdoor storage (furniture, appliances, equipment, building materials, etc.)
- Residential parking violation (no trailers or commercial vehicles)
- Illegal parking (facing traffic, blocking driveway, fire lane, blocking dumpster)
- View obstructions (driver's line of sight)
- Address numbers missing or unreadable
- Stagnant water and swimming pools
- Improper use of trash cart
- Dead trees
- Parking in yard (on unimproved surface)
- Unsanitary conditions (discharge of sewer)
- Living in a recreational vehicle
- Illegal home business
- Improper storage of RVs and boats
- Abandoned/Dilapidated signs
- Illegal signs (bandit signs, blade flags, portable)
- Zoning violations
- Garage sale violations
Report a Violation
To report a possible code violation or concern, contact the Code Compliance Division Office at (817) 645-0977, email [email protected] or use the online report system to log your concern.
Please provide the following information:
- Address of the possible violation
- A description of the possible violation
- Your name, phone number or email if you wish to be contacted regarding the status of the complaint
If you receive a warning notice, here is what that means:
- On the first inspection, a Code Enforcement Officer or Deputy Marshal will confirm a violation exists.
- A written WARNING notice of violation may be issued to the tenants or property owner, requesting abatement of the violation within a specified time.
- YOU should abate the violation within the time indicated on the notice.
- A follow-up inspection will be conducted by a Code Enforcement Officer or Deputy Marshal to ensure compliance.
- Cases with violations corrected will be closed.
- Non compliance or failure to contact the Code Compliance Division will result in a Municipal Court citation and/or City abatement of the violation.
Please note: If you have received a warning notice in the past, you may receive a citation for similar violations without additional warnings.