Code Compliance Department
Code Compliance Officers enforce ordinances established by the City of Cleburne in order to maintain the health, safety and sanitation of our community to preserve neighbor integrity.
Common Code Violations
Below are some of the most common code violations. Contacts for addressing other neighborhood concerns are given on our resources page.
Report a violation
To report a possible code violation or concern, contact Code Compliance at 817-556-8807 or use the online report system to log your concern. Please provide the following information:
- Address of the possible violation
- A description of the possible violation
- Your name, phone number or email if you wish to be contacted regarding the status of the complaint
If you receive a violation notice
- On the first visit the code officer will confirm a violation exist
- A written notice of violation will be issued to the property owner, tenants and other responsible parties requesting abatement of the violation
- Abatement should occur within ten days of the notice
- A followup inspection will be conducted by the code officer after the ten days to ensure compliance
- None compliance may result in a Municipal Court citation and/or City abatement of nuisances