Boards and Commissions
Boards and commissions are important because they enable the public to participate in the City of Cleburne's government processes. Their activities help shape and influence public policy because they lend a more diverse viewpoint for the City Council to consider.
Becoming a Board Member
Board and commission members focus on community needs. As a member, you will play an important role in assisting the City Council. This requires dedication and understanding. Participation provides an opportunity to involve yourself in the communication process between the citizens and city officials and you will become aware of the challenges of municipal government.
Applications are accepted year-round. Board appointments are made in June and December, and are two-year terms, except where noted. Most applicants must reside within the City of Cleburne, be a registered voter and be willing to attend regularly scheduled meetings. Meetings are open to the public.
View or download the Board/Commission Application.
- 4B Economic Development Corporation
- Airport Advisory Board
- Animal Shelter Advisory Board
- Building & Standards Commission
- Cemetery Advisory Board
- Civil Service Commission
- Library Advisory Board
- Museum Advisory Board
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
- Planning & Zoning Commission
- Tax Increment Financing District Board #1 - Industrial Park
Tax Increment Financing District Board #2 - Downtown(Expired Dec 2022)
- Tax Increment Financing District Board #3 - Chisholm Trail Pkwy
- Type A Economic Development Corporation
- Zoning Board of Adjustment