Cleburne City Council members are elected by their representing Single-Member Districts ("SMD") and the Mayor is elected at-large. A Special Election to fill a vacancy for Councilmember SMD 3 has been ordered to be held on November 7, 2023. The City is contracting with Johnson County for its Special Election and information can be found here and at Johnson County Elections.
Upcoming City Elections
- Nov. 7, 2023 - Elect Councilmember to SMD 3 (Filing period: July 26 - Sept. 6, 2023)
- May 4, 2024 - Elect Mayor & Councilmembers to SMD 1 and SMD 4 (Filing period: Jan. 17 - Feb. 16, 2024)
- May 3, 2025 - Elect Councilmembers to SMD 2 and SMD 3 (Filing period: Jan. 15 - Feb. 14, 2025)
*Other elections may be called as needed in accordance with the Texas Election Code.
City of Cleburne Special Election: November 7, 2023
Election Notifications and Postings
- Order of Special Election
- Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot
- Drawing for Place on Ballot
- Texas Voter ID - English | Spanish
- Voter Complaint Information
- Notice of Voting Order Priority
- Prohibition of Certain Devices at Voting Stations
- Prohibition of Handguns in the Polling Place
Candidates on the Ballot
- Councilmember, Single Member District 3:
For more information about the November 7, 2023 Special Election, please contact the City Secretary’s Office at 817-645-0908 or [email protected].