Police Eligibility Requirements
Police Entry Level Exam- SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2019
Official Posting: Cleburne Police Exam on February 2, 2019: https://www.cleburne.net/DocumentCenter/View/5041/Police-Entry-Level-Exam-2022019
POLICE APPLICATIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE: https://www.cleburne.net/Jobs.aspx?JobID=131&CommunityJobs=False&UniqueId=97
ALL ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS NEED TO BE EMAILED
QUALIFICATIONS: As prescribed by Chapter 143 Local Government Code
- Must be a citizen of the United States and be able to read, write and fluently speak English.
- Must be 21 to 44 years of age at the time of
- Have a valid Texas or out-of-state driver’s license that is not in jeopardy of suspension or revocation at the date of hire.
- Be a graduate of an accredited high school or have an equivalency certificate.
- Preferably possess certification as a Peace Officer as issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement at time of exam or must meet all legal requirements necessary to become a licensed Peace Officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
In lieu of degree, applicants shall possess a high school diploma or GED and have any of the following:
Applicants shall be required to furnish official transcripts or other competent evidence of completion of the aforementioned academic requirements.
- All military or law enforcement experience substituted for a degree must be verifiable.
- Applicants convicted of a felony under State, Federal, or military law will not be considered for employment. Applicants will not be considered for employment while charges are pending for any offense.
- Must pass the written Civil Service exam with a minimum score of 70 percent
Must pass the physical ability test
- Candidates who pass the written exam and physical ability test will be subject to successful completion of the following: driver analysis; background investigation including submitting fingerprints for a criminal record check; typing test with a minimum of 30 wpm; medical examination, including drug testing; psychological evaluation; polygraph test; oral review board; and any other relevant investigations deemed necessary.
- Full eligibility requirements are outlined in our Civil Service rules available at www.cleburne.net/team
BENEFITS: Annual salary is $50,648.00 plus Life/Health/Dental Insurance, TMRS, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.