Announcements & Events
***PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT***
Cleburne Animal Services along with USDA Texas Wildlife Services will be conducting buzzard abatement in the area of N. Buffalo between Heard and W. Willingham. Abatement is performed using pyrotechnics.
***UPDATE - Abatement began 1/14/2019. You may see some birds come back to the area over the next few nights. That is completely expected and normal with this type of harassment. Animal Services will be out in the area over the next few nights to harass whatever birds show back up. Some are more stubborn than others but we expect to have this project completed by the weekend. While we are doing what we can to notify citizens in the area, please help us spread the word by sharing this post and talking to your neighbors if you live in the area. Also, if you MUST drive down N Buffalo while we are out there, please drive slowly and use caution. Remember to keep your pets inside or secured in the event that the noise scares them. We will be in the area from about 5 pm until about 6 pm. The noises sound like loud bottle rockets and bangs similar to a shotgun blast. They are NOT shotgun blasts. This harassment is non-lethal and only intended to scare the birds out of the area. ***
What you can expect:
- Loud noises similar to fireworks – pops, bangs, whistles, etc.
- Flashes of light similar to fireworks
- Increased presence of Animal Control and Wildlife Services
- Increased presence of Police and/or Fire Dept.
- Birds (buzzards or other birds) and wildlife fleeing the area
- Continued abatement between the hours of 3 – 7pm for 7 – 10 days
What you should do:
- Keep pets securely indoors – the noise may scare them
- Stay indoors as much as possible during this time
What should NOT do:
- Leave pets outside or unsecured
- Interfere with Animal Services, Wildlife Services, or any other involved party
- Attempt to assist with harassment
- Stand outside and watch
If you have questions or concerns, please contact:
City of Cleburne Animal Services at 817-556-8895 or [email protected]
Introducing our Pet of the Week...
Meet Twyla! This diva is a 1-2 year old Lab/Boxer mix. Twyla is fun, friendly, and super lovable. She just loves to play with other dogs - especially older puppies. Twyla is clean in her kennel, friendly, and social. Come and meet this funny girl today!
Adoption fee is $75 and includes spay or neuter, all vaccinations, microchip, 30 days of flea/tick, 30 days of heartworm prevention, and 30 days of pet health insurance. All pets at CAS require an adoption application. You can come in to the shelter to fill out an app or you can find one HERE.
Thank you to the following businesses and individuals for your donation to our mobile adoption trailer fund:
We truly appreciate your support! Check out our donor page - coming soon!
- Low Cost Spay/Neuter Transport - Jan. 22nd, Apr. 23rd, July 23rd, Oct. 22nd. 8 a.m. drop off at CAS. Call TCAP to make an appointment. 940-566-5551
- Low Cost Vaccine Clinic - Feb. 23rd, May 4th, Sept. 14th, Nov. 16th - 10am - 12pm at Cleburne Animal Shelter, 2375 Service Dr.
- Adoption Event & Dog Walk - March 3rd - 8am - 12pm at Cleburne State Park, 5800 Park Rd. 21, Cleburne, TX 76031
- Adoption Event - March 16th, 2019 at Mansfield Pickle Parade, downtown Mansfield, TX from 9am - 4pm
- Adoption Event - CLEAR the SHELTER 2019 - TBA