Announcements & Events
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING COVID-19
For the safety of our Animal Services staff and the public they serve, Cleburne Animal Services is implementing the following changes/procedures in order to minimize exposure to COVID-19:
- The animal shelter is closed to the public. Owners wishing to reclaim pets or people wishing to adopt a pet must make an appointment.
- Appointments can be made by calling 817-556-8895, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or via Facebook Messenger.
- Lost pets impounded at the shelter can be seen here: https://www.cleburne.net/269/Lost-Pets
- Pets available for adoption and our modified adoption process can be seen here: https://www.cleburne.net/265/Adoptions
- Citizens with stray pets are encouraged to call us so that an Animal Control Officer can pick up at your location. If a citizen is wanting to drop the animal off at the shelter, they must call to make an appointment.
- Individuals with appointments are only allowed access to the lobby area. This area will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized multiple times per day. Hand sanitizer is also readily available.
- Animal Control Officers will be on duty for emergency calls only and we have limited staff available.
- If you have an animal related emergency at any time, please call 817-645-0972.
- Non-Emergency calls, requests for service, or incidents should still be reported to CAS. You can do so by calling 817-556-8895. Please leave a message if no one is available to answer your call.
- Trapping and removal of wildlife/feral cats is suspended. Residents needing assistance with wildlife will need to contact a private wildlife removal company
- Barking dog and other nuisance complaints will be handled via telephone and email as much as possible.
- Please refer to our website for barking dog complaints. https://www.cleburne.net/1213/Barking-Dog-Complaint-Process
- Non-Emergency owner surrender is suspended.
For updates and announcements, please visit our website at www.cleburne.net/147/Animal-Services or check our Facebook page
It’s skunk mating season! Be sure your pets are vaccinated against Rabies!
It’s that time of year, skunk mating season. Skunks breed in February and March.
You’re going to see skunks out and about more regularly than any other months.
Once breeding season is over they will go unseen again. Please watch for them on the roads and watch your pets when you let them out. Skunks typically will not approach your dog and spray it, but if your dog harasses a skunk... he will get sprayed. Skunks are also one of the top 5 rabies carriers so be sure your pets are vaccinated against rabies. If your pet comes into contact with or is bitten by a skunk, please report this to Animal Services and contact your Veterinarian.
Skunks do not hibernate, but they do sleep for days at a time in the winter. Food is very scarce right now for them. If you see one out in the day, don’t freak out.... they are just looking for food, a mate, or going back to their own territory.
If you see a skunk behaving in an abnormal manner - walking in a "drunken" manner, being overly friendly, being overly aggressive, walking in circles, etc., please contact Animal Services immediately.
For additional information, please feel free to contact:
Cleburne Animal Services at 817-556-8895 or via email to email@example.com
Introducing our Pet of the Week...
This gorgeous girl is an ~11 month old Bulldog mix. Hadley loves belly rubs, toys, and snoring on the sofa. She is well behaved and clean in her kennel. Call today to make an appointment to meet this lovely girl!
Adoption fee is WAIVED and includes spay or neuter, all vaccinations, microchip, 30 days of flea/tick, 30 days of heartworm prevention, and 30 days of pet health insurance. All pets at CAS require an adoption application. You can come in to the shelter to fill out an app or you can find one HERE.
Effective November 2nd, 2019 - Saturday shelter hours are changing!
On Saturdays, the shelter will be open to visitors by appointment only between the hours of 12pm - 4pm. We realize this may be an inconvenience but this is for the safety and security of the pets and shelter staff. Cleburne Animal Services will still have an ACO available for field services on Saturdays and citizens with stray pets or those looking for a lost pet may still come to the shelter without an appointment. Please be aware that the shelter may be closed during these times for off-site adoption events so it is always advised to call ahead. Please check our Facebook page for important updates, closures, events, and other information. As always, pets that are available for adoption can be viewed on our Adoptions page 24/7. Owners looking for lost pets can check our Lost Pets page 24/7 as well. These pages are updated in real time and have the most current animal information available. Thank you for your understanding!
Thank you to the following businesses and individuals for your donation to our mobile adoption trailer fund:
We truly appreciate your support! Check out our donor page - coming soon!
Come visit us for one of our adoption events or educational activities!
- Low Cost Spay Neuter Transport - Every other Tuesday of every month. Drop off at 7 a.m. at Cleburne Animal Shelter. Call Spay Neuter Network (972-472-3500) or visit their website to make an appointment - www.spayneuternet.org
- Low Cost Spay/Neuter Transport - Jan. 22nd, Apr. 23rd, July 23rd, Oct. 22nd. 8 a.m. drop off at CAS. Call TCAP to make an appointment. 940-566-5551
- Low Cost Vaccine Clinic - Feb. 22nd, Apr. 20th, May 4th, July 20th, Sept. 14th, Oct. 19th, Nov. 16th - 10am - 12pm at Cleburne Animal Shelter, 2375 Service Dr. NO APPT NEEDED! Pets must be in carriers or on a secure leash. No retractable leashes please.
- Adoption Event - Feb. 15th, 2020 from 10am - 2pm at Tractor Supply, 1615A W Henderson, Cleburne, TX 76033
- Adoption Event - Feb. 22nd, 2020 from 11am - 2pm at Booker T. Washington, 100 Mansfield Rd., Cleburne, TX 76033
- Adoption Event - Mar. 14th, 2020 from 9am - 4pm, Mansfield Pickle Parade, Mansfield, TX
- Adoption Event - TBA
- Advisory Board Meeting - TBA
- Adoption Event - CLEAR the SHELTER 2020 - TBA @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>