Making at the Library
The Maker Corner is designed to be a dedicated space in the library where community members can explore, develop, build and stimulate their creativity. The Maker Corner includes a poster maker, 3d printer, Sewing Machines, Cricut, Brother Scan and Cut and other technology and arts and crafts supplies.
Funding for the Maker Corner was provided by The City of Cleburne, Friends of the Cleburne Public Library and The Cleburne Library Board.
Classes will be held each month, and individuals can use equipment by appointment also.
To continue the fun at home, Maker Kits are available for patrons to check out. Read details below. More information about Book and STEM Kits is available here.
Equipment has been purchased with funding from a Special Projects Grant from U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission:
- HP Design Jet Z9 dr V-trimmer Poster Printer
- Polyprinter 229 3d Printer
- CSL 2700 USI Laminator
- Epson Perfection V600 Photo Color Scanner
- Brother Embroidery & Sewing SB7500 Machine
- Baby Lock Joy Sewing Machine
- Brother Scan & Cut DX
- Cricut Maker
- Ashford Weaving Loom
- PIXMA PRO-100 Photo Printer
- Pro World Heat Press
- VHS Converter
- Photo Printer
- Button Maker
- My Intent Jewelry Maker
Using the Maker Corner Equipment
- Sign waiver and policy
- Sign up for equipment training
- Show equipment proficiency
- Make appointment to use equipment or sign up for class at 302 W. Henderson or call 817-645-0934.
Available Maker Kits
Our maker kits are designed to inspire and empower individuals of all ages to unleash their imagination and bring their ideas to life. Each kit is carefully curated with a variety of tools, materials and step-by-step guides to support hands-on exploration and creative expression. View our kits below.
- 3D Pen
- Airbrush Painting
- Beading Loom
- Bird Drawing/Watching
- Bow Maker
- Digital Manga Drawing
- Figure Drawing
- Hand Lettering
- Leather Crafting
- Moon Drawing/Watching
- Paper Beading
- Raspberry Pi 4
- Wood Carving
Rules of Use for Maker Kits
- Maker Kits may be checked out by Cleburne Public Library (CPL) patrons with a valid library card.
- Maker Kits are intended for use by patrons age 14 and up. Some kits will only be loaned to those 18 and up.
- Maker Kits are for a 14-day loan period with no renewals. Overdue fines for kits are $1 per day. There is no grace period.
- Only ONE kit (Maker, STEM, or Read-it-Again) may be loaned to a household at a time.
- Patrons will be asked to confirm the inventory and verify the contents of each kit at check-out/check-in and acknowledge responsibility with their signature. Staff initials are also required to complete the process.
- The patron is financially responsible for ALL items in the borrowed kit. Kits returned with item(s) lost or damaged will require the patron to pay replacement costs and a processing fee.
- Patrons are expected to read and follow all directions, use safety precautions, and supervise minors as needed when using the kits.
- The patron agrees that the CPL is not responsible for any manufacturing defects, quality, or workmanship of any of the tools, materials or equipment contained in the kits. CPL is also not responsible for the quality or condition of a maker's project.
- Some kits may include consumable materials for patron use, while supplies last. Many kits will require patrons to provide some of their own materials.
- A list of common suggestions is included in the kit, but may not be fully comprehensive. Patrons may also choose to purchase additional materials on their own. Additional materials may be available for purchase from the library.
- Patrons are requested to complete the enclosed survey for each use and return it to the library with the kit or complete the online survey. The survey is optional to complete.
Maker classes are held each month, and individuals can also use equipment by appointment
When the next available class is scheduled, it will be posted here.